Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standalone Autopark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched for this but couldn’t see it as having been addressed before. We love autopark, but aren’t really interested in the rest of the automated driving experience. I’d gladly pay for autopark on a stand alone basis, but can’t justify buying the full autopilot package just for that. Has this ever been discussed before, or has any lobbying been done to open it up as a stand-alone feature?

Reactions: bzb123
i believe the auto park would need the enhance auto pilot hardware with extra cameras added to function so no
Except all Tesla vehicles manufactured after AP2.0 came out have the hardware. OP: it's not a publicly available option, and it's not likely separated in the software in order to be sold separately, but you could ask your service center in case they have an unpublished option to do so (and they might forward the request on even if they can't, not that it would change anything).

This seems like one of those things that will go from gimmick to useful in one update. Until it can knock out parallel parking quickly and easily, I think it's going to be easier to do it yourself. I really hope, however, we get the complex summon feature going soon.