Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Price Increase!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys..

Just wanted to point out that the price has actually increased for us Canucks

Was $45,600
Now $47,600

While all of our southern neighbours complain over price decreases.. we get price increases (for standard range).

boo urns.

My current LR RWD with MSM paint and enhanced autopilot
Was $72,000
Now $71,000

BUT... I did save $14,000 for the Ontario rebate.. sooo.... no complaints there lol

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
So for us grandfathered EAP will the traffic lights / stop signs be included? or that is FSD which requires HW3?

How much will it be for us EAP to upgrade to FSD now?

I think that is part of the new FSD which requires HW3. I think there's a tweet that basically says they're busy figuring all that out right now. Since now there's people without EAP that will get option to buy new AP and new FSD. And people with EAP who will get option to buy the difference between EAP and new FSD. And people with EAP and FSD pre-purchased who will get everything.

Edit: There's also a tweet that implies people with EAP will get smart summon though.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
The jury is still out on the difference. Right now everything seems the same (feature wise). But if we have to pony up an extra $2000-3000 for the new computer... yea... i guess I will do that.
Elon tweeted that he's going to "Talk with the team" to see if they can honor the original FSD after delivery price which was $4,000USD or $5,200CAD. Currently the full deal AP + FSD costs $8000 before delivery. It was the same before the price changes. If you calculate the difference between what you paid for EAP and full FSD, the difference is $3,000 USD + $1,000 after delivery surcharge which would give you $4,000USD as well. So the likely price for people who have EAP right now is $4,000USD.

Elon tweeted that he's going to "Talk with the team" to see if they can honor the original FSD after delivery price which was $4,000USD or $5,200CAD. Currently the full deal AP + FSD costs $8000 before delivery. It was the same before the price changes. If you calculate the difference between what you paid for EAP and full FSD, the difference is $3,000 USD + $1,000 after delivery surcharge which would give you $4,000USD as well. So the likely price for people who have EAP right now is $4,000USD.
hmm... well for that much I would not do it. I'm happy with EAP features at the moment.

1.03*45600
= $45,968

I don't know much about currency conversion rates and whatnot.. but shouldn't that be the correct math?

There's a type there. Your result should be $46,968. They don't usually go by day-to-day rates which can fluctuate, but by an average over the last several months. A quick glance at the chart seems to an indicate an average of 1.32 or 1.33 over the last three months, so higher than 1.316.

There's a type there. Your result should be $46,968. They don't usually go by day-to-day rates which can fluctuate, but by an average over the last several months. A quick glance at the chart seems to an indicate an average of 1.32 or 1.33 over the last three months, so higher than 1.316.
yup... fixed now. thanks!

The 1.316 is as of today's closing since that's when the price changed. I did not use an average.

Still kinda sucks though. Right now USD to CAD = 46,088.88

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
Major price drop on a bunch of modesl. FSD changes, EAP removal, AP added. Small price increase on a few (probably due to FX changes). I think these are all good for longer term Tesla growth and definitely good for consumers as we are seeing advancements in FSD features that are over/above other competitors and show how fast Tesla can innovate. I know I'm now considering adding FSD to get the city driving and stop sign / traffic sign automation. Good for us with more features, and it's all optional as no one is forcing any of us to buy it. If you want the features, pony up for something not offered on any other car that I know of. Pure financial margin for Tesla for any FSD/AP software upgrades (except for the HW3 if needed upgrade). Good margin is great for investors of TSLA.