Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range+ vs Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

My daily commute is only 50 miles round trip, so I have no issues with SR+ for that. However I drove from Reading to Liverpool in the UK (202 miles) once a month. Based on that, would you say I'd want to upgrade to long range to avoid frequent range anxiety or would I comfortably be able to do that trip with a ten minute charging stop during winter?

The supercharges are located at 79 miles into the journey and 79 miles from the end of the journey.

Thanks!

Reactions: IdaX
You should have no problem in an SR+ doing the longer trip. You may need to stop a bit longer than 10 minutes in winter on the longer trip, but not all that much longer. With that supercharger spacing, you'll have no problem!

If that’s the longest you will routinely go, the SR+ is fine. I did a 328 mile trip last month in my SR+. Made one supercharging stop mid-trip and I was good to go. I enjoyed the opportunity to stretch my legs and didn’t feel that I would have benefited from the increased range.

Reactions: IdaX