Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential new owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR. This was the oldest (courtesy) car I had although don’t recall the exact age

If old may well have been a USA car, rather than Chinese - which are better made etc. etc.

The matrix are very blocky and not as consistent.

My MY lights are blocky. I've been in other cars that aren't. So I don't think "all cars" - worth checking at an inspection.

whether you can get 130 miles of charge in a single overnight off-peak charge at home

If O/P can charge "at work", somewhat - even 13AMP - then that would solve any issue with having a 4-hour Off Peak tariff, at home,

next consideration will be to install a home charging point.
It took me both afternoons of a weekend but it was fun. I just used bigger toxes as I did not trust the tiny ones they ship with the Wall Connector.
Just I have noticed after installing a Goodwe solar panels inverter I cannot control charging speed/time based on excessive solar electricity like you can do with Tesla Solars/Powerwall. But some non-Tesla home chargers with non-Tesla inverters can control the charging speed. I have now half-written (working a bit already) a script controlling Tesla charging through cloud API based on Goodwe inverter API info from cloud.

I can cover 180 miles without a charge in winter with the SR+ (2023 model), but if you're doing that kind of mileage you're definitely going to want a home charger installing so you don't have to wait at other chargers. Your drive is long enough already and you don't need to be faffing about.

My drive is M58/M6/M62 in Manchester and is also very stop start which definitely helps the range as you can be trundling along at 40-50mph a lot of the time rather than 70mph. My drive with no traffic is an hour but with traffic is about 1 hour 45.

I know this is summer but since owning the vehicle from 20th Feb and doing my commute, I've averaged 200Wh/mi over 9700 miles which gives a full range of over 300 miles per full charge. Obviously I don't get this as I also use sentry mode which takes up some battery but I don't think you'll have a problem.

I can cover 180 miles without a charge in winter with the SR+ (2023 model), but if you're doing that kind of mileage you're definitely going to want a home charger installing so you don't have to wait at other chargers. Your drive is long enough already and you don't need to be faffing about.

My drive is M58/M6/M62 in Manchester and is also very stop start which definitely helps the range as you can be trundling along at 40-50mph a lot of the time rather than 70mph. My drive with no traffic is an hour but with traffic is about 1 hour 45.

I know this is summer but since owning the vehicle from 20th Feb and doing my commute, I've averaged 200Wh/mi over 9700 miles which gives a full range of over 300 miles per full charge. Obviously I don't get this as I also use sentry mode which takes up some battery but I don't think you'll have a problem.
i am baffled how people do 200 wh when my consumption never drops below 220 :/

Reactions: spdpsba