Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Y - Pre-order availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone think we will be able to pre-order/reserve a Model Y prior to next Summer? Due to the constant shifting of Tesla vehicle pricing, I would like to secure the advertised price before an increase randomly happens.

Can't you do it now?

We did the night of the announcement and a Model Y is on my page, next to my 3

I didn't word my original post thoroughly, sorry about that!

I meant specifically for the Standard Range. I have two 3's and my mother would love the Y, but she has absolutely no need for extended range. Given how they priced and set up the 3 configurator, she would probably get the Standard Plus to get the premium upgrades (leather seating, upgraded interior), but a long-range, even a mid-range, would be a waste of additional funds for her.

I did a reservation of $1000 for the Model 3 , for the wife, and we never used it, as the wife decided she wants a Model Y. Can you change the unused $1000 for the Model 3 reservation to a Model Y reservation? Does anyone know? I hope I can do that, as I would prefer doing that instead of requesting a refund of it.

I did a reservation of $1000 for the Model 3 , for the wife, and we never used it, as the wife decided she wants a Model Y. Can you change the unused $1000 for the Model 3 reservation to a Model Y reservation? Does anyone know? I hope I can do that, as I would prefer doing that instead of requesting a refund of it.
I inquired about this last month at the Tesla store in Boston and they told me that I would not be able to transfer my existing Model 3 deposit over to a reservation for the Y. Seems silly but that's what I was told.

...might be best to grab my Model 3 deposit and invest it in a few $TSLA shares right now for a year anyway :)