Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Rear License Plate Frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does the rear license plate holder that comes with the Model 3 look like? I'm considering buying this one from the Tesla shops if the standard one is a plastic piece of junk.

1096845-00-A_0.jpg

Mine came with it too. I was wondering why they were selling them online if they were including them with the car for free. Weird.

For replacements? To make money off people who buy things before taking delivery of their car? To get rid of excess license frame stock since there should have been so many more Model 3s produced by now? ;)

Mine came with it too. I was wondering why they were selling them online if they were including them with the car for free. Weird.

I bought the one off the website before it was popular knowledge that they give you one with the car. Now I have a spare that I don’t know what to do with. My local service center can’t accept returns of orders placed through Tesla’s online store and there is no way I’m even bothering trying to reach out to the online store to do a return as they are the worst part of the entire Tesla organization.

I bought the one off the website before it was popular knowledge that they give you one with the car. Now I have a spare that I don’t know what to do with. My local service center can’t accept returns of orders placed through Tesla’s online store and there is no way I’m even bothering trying to reach out to the online store to do a return as they are the worst part of the entire Tesla organization.
Use it on the front. ;)

But I think they come with plastic frame now. It use to be the metal one sold online.