Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Wheel/Tire Size for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My old 1971 Plymouth Valiant had 195-75-14 tires. Much less expensive.

I want the smallest rim sizes possible for my 3 because of a softer ride (more tire sidewall), and less expensive tires. 18,17, even 16 is ok with me. Don't care about handling, an inch of rim diameter won't make much difference anyways.

I have ordered a Model 3 and am really hoping that the same 19" wheels that came with my Model S are one of the options.
I would like to know ASAP because I am thinking of buying a set of rims and snow tires for next winter( on sale till mid May) .
I have put my 2013 in storage for the last 3 winters but plan to drive My S85 next winter with the hope that I get my Model 3 in 2018. I would then be able to use the winter tires and rims on the Model 3.
wouldn't it make sense to simplify the supply chain to include 19" as a option?

I have ordered a Model 3 and am really hoping that the same 19" wheels that came with my Model S are one of the options.
I would like to know ASAP because I am thinking of buying a set of rims and snow tires for next winter( on sale till mid May) .
I have put my 2013 in storage for the last 3 winters but plan to drive My S85 next winter with the hope that I get my Model 3 in 2018. I would then be able to use the winter tires and rims on the Model 3.
wouldn't it make sense to simplify the supply chain to include 19" as a option?
I would NOT expect the wheel/tires to be interchangeable between the Model S and 3. The reveal Model 3 tires were about an inch smaller in diameter than the Model S tires.