Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start-stop firmware OTA upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS100D and for the past 4 weeks or so I have been on 2019.36.2.1, with Advanced upgrade option selected.

Last night I received notification that 2019.36.2.3 was starting to download ... but it stopped after 3%.

This evening I re-connected to WiFi and received notification that 2019.40.2.1 was starting to download (Yippee!) ... but it stopped after 1%.

I have disconnected WiFi and re-connected and 2019.36.2.3 has started to download again (8% as I type this).

Anyone else have this start-stop experience? Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks for your input

It may have been pulled because everyone is getting 40.2.1 today. No idea how sequencing works when it’s decided to roll a new release but both my cars are getting 2.1 right now (one live on WiFi and one as a ‘connect to download my on LTE).

I’ve not heard of anyone going back to an earlier rev like that. It may be something about your config they want more on that 36 version, or you may then get the 40 as soon as it’s done. Be sure to reboot after finishing with the 36 load to be sure all is cleaned up.