Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Started the chrome delete on my black P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started deleting the chrome on my P100D. So far I've used Plastidip, and am planning on doing the window surrounds and mirrors with satin black vinyl. I've also installed lowering links so the tires are slightly tucked when it's in "Low" mode. I added the gloss carbon spoiler and am also planning on doing gloss carbon mirrors.
Had the car for about 3 months and loving it so far!

IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG

Last edited:
I started deleting the chrome on my P100D. So far I've used Plastidip, and am planning on doing the window surrounds and mirrors with satin black vinyl. I've also installed lowering links so the tires are slightly tucked when it's in "Low" mode. I added the gloss carbon spoiler and am also planning on doing gloss carbon mirrors.

View attachment 380879 View attachment 380877 View attachment 380878
LoL... I literally plasti dipped my S this past weekend :) ...
20190224_122504.jpg
20190224_151354.jpg

An unrelated question - I see your bridge/toll transponder is mounted on the windshield under the front mirror. Have you had any challenges with it being read by various readers? I thought the metal oxide coating on the windshield prevented it from working.

An unrelated question - I see your bridge/toll transponder is mounted on the windshield under the front mirror. Have you had any challenges with it being read by various readers? I thought the metal oxide coating on the windshield prevented it from working.
Actually I just now realized that! Yes it does always work, so that’s interesting. I’m in Florida and it’s the SunPass transponder

View attachment 380879 View attachment 380877 View attachment 380878
if your interested in Evannex carbon mirror caps..
I don't think you were asking me but the OP instead.... I too have my transponder suction cupped to my windshield because I can't use the sticky one since my front windshield has 70% ceramic tint on it... I've had no issues with tolls....fly through 5 everyday....

So you have those on your car? I’ve been looking at the RPM gen 2 version that wrap around the edges of the mirror so they look more like full mirror cap replacements
I bought the CF mirror caps from evannex (they don't sell em anymore)....decided I didn't want any CF on the car (even had my CF spoiler paint matched to the car) ...looking to unload the new CF mirror caps to anyone interested.... noticed u mentioned cf caps... will send pics if interested