Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State Farm Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please, if you own a Tesla do not insure it with State Farm.

State Farm is the worst when it comes to auto claims. Don't fall for their low premiums. I was stuck with $6200 repair bill on my Model S. The repair estimate was $10,200 and State Farm issued a check for $3800. They didn't care that their recommended shop for repair was backlogged for 60 days. Just awful. Stay away. POS company.

They also said there's no such thing as diminished value.

Reactions: GeoG and jaytx
Please, if you own a Tesla do not insure it with State Farm.

State Farm is the worst when it comes to auto claims. Don't fall for their low premiums. I was stuck with $6200 repair bill on my Model S. The repair estimate was $10,200 and State Farm issued a check for $3800. They didn't care that their recommended shop for repair was backlogged for 60 days. Just awful. Stay away. POS company.

They also said there's no such thing as diminished value.
I am a insurance (Not SF) agent I know I may be late on responding but what coverages do you have? What happened to your car?

Reactions: GeoG
I agree I am going threw it now with them I have full covarge had a huge tree lim fall on my model s broke windshield messed up the hood broke a windshield wiper now I have a alert going on the bed lights Tesla said around 5,461.81 State Farm is sending me a check for 793.32

I had a tree branch fall on the car it broke the windshield windshield wiper front headlight and when the windshield wiper broke it gouged the bottom of the hood
It has been months the car still not fixed.
First they told me to pick any autobody shop that I want to fix the car I explained to them that Tesla would be the only shop that can fix the car they said go ahead and go through Tesla Tesla gave me the estimate and they said send the estimate I found the estimate and the screenshot they said they do not except estimates that are screenshots I sent them the estimate in an email they said they do not except the estimate from me in an email I reach out to Tesla Tesla sent them the email then they sent the $700 check to me. I have talked to my agent almost every day for the past two weeks trying to get this figured out . The problem stems from they do not want to pay the full amount for the car they are used to having their adjusters go in and wheel and deal Tesla does not real deal their price is their price . Every time they figure this out they try to tell me to go to a different shop I told him to search for a different shop they can’t find one so I’m back to square one. Sorry about the like a period I am on voice to text and I am frustrated and I don’t care to fix it

I have State Farm on all my vehicles, and my house.

I've had them for roughly 25+ years without filling a claim. I had to file a claim this year after some idiot ran into my Sprinter Camper Van while it was parked on a street in Portland. The idiot took off right after they hit it, and didn't even bother to check to see if anyone was in the van or if they were hurt.

I was surprised by how chaotic the process of filing the claim is, and how much effort it turned out to be.

I didn't really care what the process was as I just wanted to get it fixed.

They tell you that you can go anywhere, but what they don't tell you is that they're going to lowball the estimate and then its this big challenge for the repair place to work with State Farm on approving the difference. They also make it difficult because they send the check before you even have a chance to contest the amount.

The hit and run was in May, and yet I'm still dealing with State Farm and the repair place to get the repair amount approved.

The original estimate State farm did was with pictures, and they've decided to send someone out to look at it.

At this point there is only around a $900 difference between what State Farm has agreed upon, and what the repair place wants so I'm hoping it can get resolved quickly.

I already have three checks from State Farm for this repair, and this will be the forth. Haha

I'd love to have "We'll just take care of it" insurance, but I'm not sure that exists for those of us that aren't millionaires.

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC