Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Total Insurance Loss: Best Practices for Handling FSD (Full-Self-Driving) and FUSC (Free Supercharging) with Insurance Carrier?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not agreed to the total lost settlement payout and asked for adjustment but the adjuster refused so I went ahead to file with the court for the difference. After they settled out of court, they cut the check for the total amount (original valuation + additional amount). Don't bother to bring in the additional adjuster/appraiser, appears they are in it together and on top of that they will charge you ~$800 just to provide similar report as the insurance's appraiser. You can prove your point yourself. Just print out the $15k price from Tesla app and do your own calculation for the free charge of you have that (estimate how many more miles you will keep your car and multiply .41).
@ThuLe, If possible could you please share your case type and case template with me at [email protected]. If you are able to share your contact information, I would appreciate.

Glad that everyone was ok. I am in a similar situation like you and also was with State Farm. ‘16 S90D (42k miles) with SC01 and most of the options (no FSD, premium audio). Front collision, only driver airbags deployed(wheel and knee), HV fuse blown(pic is of the front damage). I did request them to fix it (since I got it two weeks before the incident), and after 3 weeks, they allowed the repair. Repair bill so far is ~$21k. However, it’s been 9 mos since and it is STILL at the Tesla certified body shop (majority was waiting for parts). Sometimes I wish I got it totaled, but since it’s almost done, I’m a little excited to get it back. Hope you were able to get what you were looking for, for yours.

Attachments

• 383583060.jpeg
    383583060.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 46