Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stated Range vs Real World

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't use Teslfi or any apps that prevent the car from sleeping. They drain the battery and are pretty pointless.

If you read the other range threads, they'll say the cars rated range is only applicable when unplugging and driving the 2XX miles to your destination in the right conditions.

You've said it yourself, short journeys. The car uses power to heat and cool the cabin and pack. It's cold. I'm guessing your wh/m is closer to 320 than it is to 240.

Combine these and that's why your range is low than "rated".
What makes you think Teslafi prevents your car from sleeping, it doesn't mine.
Maybe you should look at Teslafi settings or avoid using the app to check on the car.

Weighing in on this thread from my trip yesterday. I charged to 250 before I left and was highway driving 97% of this section of the trip. Used the heat about 70% of the time as outdoor temp was 41. Averaged about 72 mph and here is what the 90kwh pack showed after 150 miles. View attachment 894854View attachment 894855View attachment 894856
And you question is?

There are lots and lots of explanations in multiple threads (including this one) on the forum of how the range estimation works so I'm not going to start another one ... yours looks normal.

And you question is?

There are lots and lots of explanations in multiple threads (including this one) on the forum of how the range estimation works so I'm not going to start another one ... yours looks normal.

There wasn’t a question. There was data. What is your question?

And "The League of Gentlemen quote" coming in 3-2-1.......

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
p01grs80.jpg