Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Static/noise in radio on FM any time the cameras are on and the car is moving.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Oct 2020 M3 SR+ RWD, when your backing up and the cameras come on I get this strong static in the sound, same thing happens when I turn on a turn signal and the lane watch camera comes on. Had it in to service twice, "Its a known bug in my cars firmware...." We did do the recall on the rear Bonnet cable on the first try. I know its a smaller thing , but I paid solid money for the car and it just goes against the grain to put up with a crap radio on a 40-50K car.. THe noise started about two updates ago..

My evil nature has me considering taking it in again to get to the three strikes and lemon law the darn thing.. The constant degradation of the driving experience in the car with each update ,, With the broken and or pointless updates that don't make driving better.. I'm getting kinda done with Tesla..

Tesla - Love the car,,,, hate the company.

The consumer always has a harsher view with these things, but unfortunately I think you would have an uphill battle with Oregon's lemon law... particularly I don't think that the problem is significant enough to substantially reduce the vehicle’s use, value or safety.

Good luck, hopefully the problem fixes itself on your next update!