Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stats app reporting 64 kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same question. My 2021 LR AWD varies between 74 and 78 full battery capacity as reported by Stats. I notice it’s on the high end after charging to 100% and going on a four day trip using Superchargers.
I have a 2021 MY LR with the 74.8 kWh battery. In the past 6 months the Full Battery Capacity has varied from a high of 84 to a low of 70. There is obviously something wrong with this functionality in Stats.

I have a 2021 MY LR with the 74.8 kWh battery. In the past 6 months the Full Battery Capacity has varied from a high of 84 to a low of 70. There is obviously something wrong with this functionality in Stats.
I should have included 2023 RWD LFP battery. After a weekend trip from Brockville Ont to Guelph Ont stats reported 67 kWh (not possible) is this reporting regen added in ?

Several people have mentioned Stats reporting their battery size, and my question is what are you looking at? I haven't used Stats all that recently, but when I do, I take screenshots of anything I find odd or unusual or interesting.

Many of the numbers Stats reports are pretty good, but the one number I've always considered wacky is the battery size number which I've highlighted in red, below:
IMG_0743.jpeg

Sometimes, it shows around 80kWh, and then sometimes it shows 64kWh. Wackadoodle. Not to mention, ever since that chart showed up, my range has always been "better than 93% of other similar cars with similar mileage". I asked the developer if he was only using 2018 LR-AWD models and he said he was. Hard to believe when I've had zero EPA-range degradation, and I'm only at 93%. By every other analysis, I'm right at 99+%.

So, I don't place any stock in the battery size figure.
IMG_4768.jpeg

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Several people have mentioned Stats reporting their battery size, and my question is what are you looking at? I haven't used Stats all that recently, but when I do, I take screenshots of anything I find odd or unusual or interesting.

Many of the numbers Stats reports are pretty good, but the one number I've always considered wacky is the battery size number which I've highlighted in red, below:
View attachment 1013413

Sometimes, it shows around 80kWh, and then sometimes it shows 64kWh. Wackadoodle. Not to mention, ever since that chart showed up, my range has always been "better than 93% of other similar cars with similar mileage". I asked the developer if he was only using 2018 LR-AWD models and he said he was. Hard to believe when I've had zero EPA-range degradation, and I'm only at 93%. By every other analysis, I'm right at 99+%.

So, I don't place any stock in the battery size figure.
View attachment 1013412
Yeah makes no sense. Wonder if he is fitting a Gaussian to the data he has but 93% would mean 1.5 standard deviations above the mean.

And to me it seems unlikely that 310 miles would be 1.5 standard deviations above the likely mean which is probably something like 290. That would mean a std dev of 13 miles which is way too high.

Unless of course he is piling together vehicles that started with 310, 325, and 322 miles, etc. and fitting a Gaussian to that, then it seems possible.

Ironically it seems like poor use of stats!