Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel low vibration feedback from road.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The steering wheel feel like holding an electric toothbrush when driving at highway speed. The vibration is really subtle but it tends to tire my arms after a while. I recently had the SC install the winter tire package and center the steering wheel. I do not believe I felt this before those changes.

It seems that either something is lose in the steering wheel or something with the tires.

Any experiences with this?

I have this exact issue on my new 2022 M3P. At 78-82 mph there is road feedback coming through the steering wheel. Traveling at that speed on the highway will cause a slight vibration feeling in the steering wheel. The feeling will last a few seconds, subside for a few and then return. I have had all 4 tires rebalanced by my go to local shop and the issue is still present. I’m at a loss as to what it may be?? I also have a MYP, which definitely does not have this same issue.

Check this post out.
Thread 'Tire Wheel Vibration - Tire Foam Inserts do come loose'
Tire Wheel Vibration - Tire Foam Inserts do come loose
Sounds similar to what I was experiencing. At the start of this episode the vibration would come and go during highway cruising. The other telltale symptom is if the wheels seem to go out of balance right after balancing. I noticed when we tried to rebalance that they put the new weights on offset about 15 degrees from the last time, which I think was a good indicator that the foam was loose and shifting around inside the tire.

Check this post out.
Thread 'Tire Wheel Vibration - Tire Foam Inserts do come loose'
Tire Wheel Vibration - Tire Foam Inserts do come loose
Sounds similar to what I was experiencing. At the start of this episode the vibration would come and go during highway cruising. The other telltale symptom is if the wheels seem to go out of balance right after balancing. I noticed when we tried to rebalance that they put the new weights on offset about 15 degrees from the last time, which I think was a good indicator that the foam was loose and shifting around inside the tire.
Yea, I knew about this. I had my local shop check the foam in each time when they rebalanced and the foam was secure.