Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

steering Wheel Scroll/Select

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
September 2019 build, Model X, 2023.2.12 ver.
The steering wheel right side scroll/select button is not working. This is normally used to scroll and select what information is displayed in the driver right side display. It is also used to scroll and select names from your contact list is you have similar listings. I have tried all manner of resets. Any advice?

September 2019 build, Model X, 2023.2.12 ver.
The steering wheel right side scroll/select button is not working. This is normally used to scroll and select what information is displayed in the driver right side display. It is also used to scroll and select names from your contact list is you have similar listings. I have tried all manner of resets. Any advice?
My scroll wheel assemblies have been replaced twice by mobile service when they stopped working. Mine also is a Sept 2019 Raven.

Researching this a bit more I have found YouTube videos on repairing "broken" scroll wheels. Just to be clear this is not the case with mine. It was working and then the other day I needed to use it to select from a list, and it did not work. It is fine mechanically. I suspect this was related to software "upgrade" but can not pin point it. I have tried everything short of a total reset where all settings are lost. I have about 75k miles on the car so no warranty repair and I am dragging my feet on a Service Call fix if the next SW release will suddenly have it working again.

My scroll wheel assemblies have been replaced twice by mobile service when they stopped working. Mine also is a Sept 2019 Raven.
Reading the original post more closely, it was actually not my scroll wheels that were malfunctioning but rather the button you push to give voice commands. The whole assembly including the scroll wheels were replaced to fix my problem. It happened twice. If I honked my horn, it would then accept voice commands - that was a temporary but well documented work- around.

I have 2019 MX too and the right scroll wheel stop working since one month ago for the temperature change (scroll) and climate on/off (press). This is what I set for its function. But if I can scroll up and down between options in the menu if I received a text message or in a call (mute and End). The press still does not work though. It seems to happen after one of the update. I scheduled an appointment with Tesla and they will replace both scroll wheel and a harness (as a kit). The total estimate is about $330 for both parts and labor. I did some search and found another thread discussed the same issue a while back. It happened to many MS and MX owners. Below is the link for that thread if you are interested in checking.

Anyone know how much a new wheel replacement is? Or to move to the yolk? My scroll wheel broke because of a plastic rod. The clicking still works but not scrolling…. But like upgrading to the mcu 2 , maybe it’s a better deal to just get a new wheel

I have 2019 MX too and the right scroll wheel stop working since one month ago for the temperature change (scroll) and climate on/off (press). This is what I set for its function. But if I can scroll up and down between options in the menu if I received a text message or in a call (mute and End). The press still does not work though. It seems to happen after one of the update. I scheduled an appointment with Tesla and they will replace both scroll wheel and a harness (as a kit). The total estimate is about $330 for both parts and labor. I did some search and found another thread discussed the same issue a while back. It happened to many MS and MX owners. Below is the link for that thread if you are interested in checking.

There is a scroll wheel volume replacement kit on eBay for MS and MX for 49$