Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

STEK matte PPF wrap in progress - 2022 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M|S|M MYP

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
USA
Really liking the look!!

Attachments

• IMG-2158 (3).jpg
    IMG-2158 (3).jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 3,463
  • IMG-2160 (3).jpg
    IMG-2160 (3).jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG-2161 (3).jpg
    IMG-2161 (3).jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG-2160 (2).jpg
    IMG-2160 (2).jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 1,204
  • IMG-2159 (1).jpg
    IMG-2159 (1).jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG-2164 (1).jpg
    IMG-2164 (1).jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 1,303
  • IMG-2163 (1).jpg
    IMG-2163 (1).jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG-2162 (1).jpg
    IMG-2162 (1).jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 1,072
Yes looks good here is my 2021. Are you doing it yourself? If not would you mind saying how much it cost and did you have any paint correction done or ceramic coating? Enjoy Mike

Attachments

• 9CCE0116-8CF2-4935-8159-0988EC253AE7.jpeg
    9CCE0116-8CF2-4935-8159-0988EC253AE7.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 833
Yes looks good here is my 2021. Are you doing it yourself? If not would you mind saying how much it cost and did you have any paint correction done or ceramic coating? Enjoy Mike
Exact look im going for :) Good buddy of mine is doing it for me as he owes me a favor. The STEK has a hydrophobic coating already so he said ceramic coating is not necessary. Paint correction was done, although it really wasn't necessary, as it was actually really good when i picked it up. It was $1500 for the materials, labor if i had to pay for it would have been about $3k probably, he does high end cars like lambos and ferraris daily.

Exact look im going for :) Good buddy of mine is doing it for me as he owes me a favor. The STEK has a hydrophobic coating already so he said ceramic coating is not necessary. Paint correction was done, although it really wasn't necessary, as it was actually really good when i picked it up. It was $1500 for the materials, labor if i had to pay for it would have been about $3k probably, he does high end cars like lambos and ferraris daily.
Really liking the look!!
Looks beautiful...

Looks awesome! If you don’t mind me asking, what did it cost? I’m 2 weeks out from getting my Y and trying to decide to go with the full matte or just the clear front. Thanks!
Out here in socal, the cost varies. Prior to COVID, you could have gotten the full treatment for just about $4k. unfortunately, prices of everything have risen to about $5500 now for the full wrap and 10 year warranty. It's pricey but i am going to keep it for a while and figure it was worth the investment, esp with kids, etc. It also depends on what film you go with, i went with the STEK matte as it has a hydrophobic coating already so ceramic coating would not be needed. There are of course several other choices but the main thing is to get it through an authorized installer so you have piece of mind.

Out here in socal, the cost varies. Prior to COVID, you could have gotten the full treatment for just about $4k. unfortunately, prices of everything have risen to about $5500 now for the full wrap and 10 year warranty. It's pricey but i am going to keep it for a while and figure it was worth the investment, esp with kids, etc. It also depends on what film you go with, i went with the STEK matte as it has a hydrophobic coating already so ceramic coating would not be needed. There are of course several other choices but the main thing is to get it through an authorized installer so you have piece of mind.
They quoted me $4200 for the Suntek matte here in NC. Ur car turned out awesome! Thanks for the reply!

was this all custom cut without seams? leaning towards full matte/satin PPF with STEK with a local installer here in the Bay Area. My 3 has nothing and I'm good with it but this is my wife's first new car so she wants it protected and I think the stealth looks GOOD

was this all custom cut without seams? leaning towards full matte/satin PPF with STEK with a local installer here in the Bay Area. My 3 has nothing and I'm good with it but this is my wife's first new car so she wants it protected and I think the stealth looks GOOD
Mine was custom cut, everything is tucked into the trim (which was removed and replaced).

Mine was custom cut, everything is tucked into the trim (which was removed and replaced).
Got it thanks! Anything that I should be asking the installer prior to booking? Seems like seams are a big thing, and being sure that everything is tucked into the trim. Assuming they did not remove any actual panels and only the trim to tuck and then reinstalled, correct?