Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offering Wraps and PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These costs are insane. so much more expensive than just going to an independent shop. Considering the workmanship that I have seen from Tesla, i wouldnt even want them to install my wrap. I would prefer to go to a shop that is well known.

Nice! Full or just wear areas. How much for a full PPF?
I don't currently have access to configurator, but it was front for $1500 and I heard they were offering full, but never saw it perersoanlly.

XPELDiagramR1T.jpg

Reactions: zoomer0056
Tesla should just not paint the cars with their barely acceptable paint jobs from the factory, and just offer wraps. :)
I have partial PPF on my '22 Y.
Mine was the first Tesla for this installer, they are more at the Ferrari, Labo, Aston etc end of the market. So, having heard so much static about Tesla paint they were keen to check mine in some detail and were "quite impressed".
But then, the car was made in China.
I would suppose that US built cars have much improved in this regard.

P.S. I understand " acceptable" and " unacceptable" but " barely acceptable"?
It is or it isn't surely?

Reactions: zoomer0056
P.S. I understand " acceptable" and " unacceptable" but " barely acceptable"?
It is or it isn't surely?
I accepted mine in 2020 with two paint defects where it looks like the clearcoat was missed on my $2500 option red paint. Also, the hood had a tiny bit of foreign matter that had been painted over, and in a few months, a "chip" appeared where the piece fell off. A few orange peel areas, but my Lexus even had this. I took delivery, I accepted it. At least I got red paint on all appropriate surfaces. These things will not affect resale, and I doubt if many others would notice --- but how can this be with robots and an extra $2500? Tesla's programming and automation skills must mature very slowly.