Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still in awe at the Model 3 and getting impatient at not being able to configure.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Saw a white Model 3 at a stop light and man it's a head turner. Doesn't get old seeing them.

Come'on Elon, open up every Model 3 configuration option please!

Drove a light down and saw a white BMW i3 next.

Cockroach on bicycle wheels.. ugg

I'm on the NOT cancelling my Model 3 reservation camp.

Disagree = I have a BMW i3 and I still love my ugly baby.

On one hand I want the configurator to open up the other options for me, but on the other hand I'm surprised when people who have configured complain about the lead time before they get their Model 3. No matter what they do, Tesla can't please everyone it seems.

I keep checking every few hours just in case I don't get the email. However, it's probably unlikely they'll enable it on a weekend right?

On one hand I want the configurator to open up the other options for me, but on the other hand I'm surprised when people who have configured complain about the lead time before they get their Model 3. No matter what they do, Tesla can't please everyone it seems.

I keep checking every few hours just in case I don't get the email. However, it's probably unlikely they'll enable it on a weekend right?

It was a weekend when the Model 3 performance was released for configuration (for some people).

It was a weekend when the Model 3 performance was released for configuration (for some people).

Yeah but I would suspect that is more attributed to Elon being forced to do so because he had said they would open ordering for the P/D that specific week and the PR would have been bad to wait. It is not really normal operating procedure to open invites over the weekend from what I have seen.

Thank you for feeding my OCD habits... I feel better now.
In order to avoid my compulsion to keep hitting the refresh button, I wrote a Python script that automatically checks for updates on my configurator page every few minutes and sends me an E-mail if there is any news. Can’t trust the Tesla E-mail since last time it didn’t come for days after I could configure LR. Unfortunately, now I have to check the script to make sure it is still working... Yes, I’m hopeless.

In order to avoid my compulsion to keep hitting the refresh button, I wrote a Python script that automatically checks for updates on my configurator page every few minutes and sends me an E-mail if there is any news. Can’t trust the Tesla E-mail since last time it didn’t come for days after I could configure LR. Unfortunately, now I have to check the script to make sure it is still working... Yes, I’m hopeless.

This kind of obsessive compulsive disorder should make TSLA shorts wary of how long to stay in the fire.

Reactions: D3xDt3Reaction
when did you get your VIN? I got mine yesterday, and was naively hoping to get contacted today but crickets!
More accurately, a Tesla email from my assigned sales rep yesterday notified me that a VIN had been assigned. The actual number was not in the email and I don't see it in my Tesla account yet.

I presume it will all straighten itself out in the next couple of days.