Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for 2019.8.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this method works even better if you are vigorously massaging your scalp at the same time, although admittedly you may find yourself needing a couple extra hands.

Don’t forget; Up Up, Down Down, Left Right, Left Right, B, A, B, A, Select, Start. ;)

To be fair, the double reboot trick does work if your car has been cleared/queued to receive the update but for whatever reason it’s not “phoned home” even while connected via WiFi. After rebooting, the car “phones home” and starts downloading. So it’s basically a way to force a connection. But this has no affect on whether your car has been cleared/queued for the update.

Reactions: Spelly88
Don’t forget; Up Up, Down Down, Left Right, Left Right, B, A, B, A, Select, Start. ;)

To be fair, the double reboot trick does work if your car has been cleared/queued to receive the update but for whatever reason it’s not “phoned home” even while connected via WiFi. After rebooting, the car “phones home” and starts downloading. So it’s basically a way to force a connection. But this has no affect on whether your car has been cleared/queued for the update.
Every time one of these posts appears they yield at least 100 angry customers when the procedure fails. But apparently you believe in it, although I thought you were kidding.

Every time one of these posts appears they yield at least 100 angry customers when the procedure fails. But apparently you believe in it, although I thought you were kidding.

Mostly joking, but grain of truth. One of those “can’t hurt to try” things especially for folks with glitchy WiFi. As with any device these days, it can look like it’s connected to WiFi yet there’s no data transfer. Rebooting router and rebooting car can’t hurt.

Same here. My AP2 is stuck with 2018.50.6.

Consider yourself lucky. I was on that version until recently. It offered me an update a few days ago, which took me to 2019.8.3. That was a total mess. I just got the 2019.8.5 update a few minutes ago, but from what I've read, it's a mess, too. I'm just hoping against hope that if I continue to file five bug reports a day against it, they'll push a decent release to me sooner. :)