TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stockport opening who's going tomorrow?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Sirguydo, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Member

#1 Sirguydo, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Stockport opening who's going tonight?

I've got n invite as we're picking up ur cars from there the week after next .
    anyone on here going ?

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Member

Anybody else go ?

took a friend of mine who's a motor racing driver and instructor. One of the Tesla guys asked him what's the best car he'd driven and my mate replied it would have to be the maclaren P1 which he was getting paid to drive on a mclaren corporate day at silverstone .
    Tesla guy says Oh :frown:
    my mate says Tesla selling the car as a performance car isn't right as performance only lasts about 6 minutes, but as a luxury,green car that can perform incredibly it ticks all the boxes . My mate knows a thing or too as he's done test work for Ferrari etc !

3. tonyj01

tonyj01 Member

I was there and should have looked in here so I could have said "Hello".

Jessica my DS says they are doing 6-7 deliveries every day at Stockport between now and Christmas - that will be a lot of happy people!

Regards,

Tony

4. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Member

Talked to Jessica about picking our cars up a week on Monday after seeing my car in the back lot

5. tonyj01

tonyj01 Member

That must be frustrating to see it there in the back.

I must say that night was the largest group of Model S that I have ever seen in one place. I reckon 30+ actually on the site.

Did your have the delivery protection in place?

Tony.

6. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Member

no delivery protection in place just a lot of dirt on the paint :scared: supposed to have come in that day on transporter , so a bit confused .

ill be checking paintwork very carefully

7. stumids

stumids New Member

Hi folks, I'm a newbie but due to pick up my car, S85D on the 5th from Stockport. Any tips? Did Tesla get in touch in plenty of time to ask for payment, and is payment via bank to bank transfer rather than a debit card? Sorry for all the questions!

8. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Member

Bank transfer for us . My brother deals with our accounts and asked for Tesla bank details 2 weeks ago . He copied bank details and returned copy asking for confirmation which didn't arrive . Friday morning tells Stockport he really needs confirmation before send the 2 down payments . Receives a call saying details are for a wrong a Tesla account! At 3 pm has to resubmit bank details to our bank and wait hour and a half for it to reset and allow him to send the monies and end of day our bank says my payment accepted but it's pending for his car ! Hopefully everything will be sorted by 10 when we go to get our cars .