Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stolen wheel lug nut covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out for dinner last night in San Francisco and came back to the car to find the passenger side tire wheel lug nut covers stolen. Nothing was recorded on sentry oddly enough.

Noticed a bunch of other Teslas in our area also missing them.

20230422_090752.jpg

Any recommendations on where to source replacements?

Reactions: Dr_Kyashi
I wonder if someone was more interested checking if there was any wheel lock than just taking the plastic lug nut covers.
These covers are pretty difficult to remove intentionally. They can fall off from time to time but to have them all missing, it's intentional and they likely had a specific tool to help them as they're tricky enough to get off that the thief would have been there quite a while to remove them from multiple vehicles. This also lends to them not checking for locks but specifically wanting the caps because the caps likely would have been left at the scene if the thief was looking for anything else.

Reactions: Dr_Kyashi
Went out for dinner last night in San Francisco and came back to the car to find the passenger side tire wheel lug nut covers stolen. Nothing was recorded on sentry oddly enough.

Noticed a bunch of other Teslas in our area also missing them.

View attachment 931064

Any recommendations on where to source replacements?
Can you update us on the area and location- parking lot/roadside ?

I can't imagine why anyone would bother to steal these. You can buy a full set of replacements for as little as $8 (including a removal tool).

For an OEM cover? To the OP there is one on ebay for ~81 shipped. Wasn't able to easily find the stock one online from Tesla to compare price.

For an OEM cover? To the OP there is one on ebay for ~81 shipped. Wasn't able to easily find the stock one online from Tesla to compare price.

These don't look like they cover the entire wheel cap, just the center portion. See the photo in the OP

Reached out to Tesla Service to get a compare on the OEM covers directly from them. Will update with details + SKU numbers.

The clip fits into the center portion but def don't buy from that link. If you search the part # it comes up way cheaper.

Also saw posts on Facebook saying that the part is only $5-10 but looking forward to what you find.
View attachment 932141
Update - picked up 2x wheel covers for a total of $9 after tax. Installation consists of just lining them up and pushing them in firmly - incredibly easy.

Attached the SKU and pricing from the quote - they originally wanted $30 to install them, but I just told them I'd do that myself. The guy at service was kind enough to show me / do one of them anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 6.12.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 6.12.38 PM.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: redgsrguy
Update - picked up 2x wheel covers for a total of $9 after tax. Installation consists of just lining them up and pushing them in firmly - incredibly easy.

Attached the SKU and pricing from the quote - they originally wanted $30 to install them, but I just told them I'd do that myself. The guy at service was kind enough to show me / do one of them anyway.
You have a message.