Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stone Chips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had to happen. 6 weeks in and my first couple of doozies. Right down to the white ! (M3P+ in Black) Do I need Tesla Black to touch up or will any bodyshop be able to do it ? Should I just live with it until I collect a few more and then get a professional to sort out in a batch ?

I agree with the recommendation on a Chipex kit. Should be colour coded to be a close match to Tesla paint, and from my past experience with front-end stone chips on BMS & Mercedes, the ways of applying the Chipex kit is much better finish than the usual touch-up paint pens. I bought a pearl white Chipex kit for my new M3P but haven't used it yet.

There was a youtube Vid of some chappie doing home visit dent repairs (efficiently and economically - a good vid) and for stone chips he dipped the tip of a straghtened paperclip into the paint to get that tiny bleb needed into a chip hole....

I agree with the recommendation on a Chipex kit. Should be colour coded to be a close match to Tesla paint, and from my past experience with front-end stone chips on BMS & Mercedes, the ways of applying the Chipex kit is much better finish than the usual touch-up paint pens. I bought a pearl white Chipex kit for my new M3P but haven't used it yet.
Sounds like a Good Option then, appreciated.

There was a youtube Vid of some chappie doing home visit dent repairs (efficiently and economically - a good vid) and for stone chips he dipped the tip of a straghtened paperclip into the paint to get that tiny bleb needed into a chip hole....
Sounds a bit highly skilled. I kinda fear I’ll just make things look a lot worse. I’ll have a look for the Youtube clip.