Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopped/parked cars not being shown on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searched and searched for issues regarding this.

Long story short, parked cars in a parking lot aren't being shown while driving slow/or stopped. I have an extremely bad set of pictures illustrating the issue. Is this working as normal? You can clearly see the car in front of me.

These were taken in a drive through.

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_120225.jpg
    IMG_20200228_120225.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200228_120245.jpg
    IMG_20200228_120245.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 53
Well, your example in the drive through is not as normal. Did you pull up on this stopped car, or did you follow it while you were both moving?

Going through a parking lot, you'll randomly get some of the parked cars, but it's normal for them to mostly not appear.

In your drive through situation, I would expect the car to be displayed.

Well, your example in the drive through is not as normal. Did you pull up on this stopped car, or did you follow it while you were both moving?

Going through a parking lot, you'll randomly get some of the parked cars, but it's normal for them to mostly not appear.

In your drive through situation, I would expect the car to be displayed.

I pulled up behind it, it wasn't displayed. When they placed their order and started driving forward, the car was briefly displayed while moving but then disappeared when I pulled up behind it. It's strange, I can't remember if it exhibited this behavior before.

I do know that if I'm driving down a residential street at around 15mph, the parked cars all along the side of the road don't appear either. I think that is normal.

On side note, I watch all your YouTube videos! Great stuff.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
This is normal. You are actually in the "overhead/parking assist" view (as evidenced by the speaker icon in the upper left of your images). When you are in this view, the view shifts from displaying other cars/objects to the ultrasonic proximity squiggly lines. Even though you zoomed out the display, you will not see other cars in that view. Once the other cars get far enough away out of ultrasound range, the car will shift back to the 3D view where you will see cars in the visualization. This is probably why you saw the cars "flicker": they got far enough away.

Reactions: Mdaugustine