Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vision-only Auto Park is finally here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Earth
Just installed 2024.2.12 with the new vision-only Autopark. I have to say, I'm impressed with its ability to back into any spot I attempted. Centered perfectly every time even if it's a bit slow, although much faster than the old ultra-sonic sensor Autopark. Some obersevations:
- backed into a single spot right next to a trailer, which initially had me nervous due to protruding wheel wells
- stopped mid-park to wait for a person who had walked behind my car to use their trunk. Once they left, it finished backing in.
- works very well whether or not there are vehicles next to the spot you are trying to park in.
- while driving through a parking lot, all empty spots are highlighted on the screen. You just click one, stop the car, and hit the "start" button. The car will then back into the spot and will do a three point maneuver if you started off in a poor location for a single shot back-in.

Now I'm just waiting for Summon :)

We assume this is for 2023 vehicle with no USS sensors. Does it show any distance measurement for park assist. Also, did the visualization have anything extra (besides parking spaces) compared to what was available to vehicles without USS sensors. Thanks.

Just installed 2024.2.12 with the new vision-only Autopark. I have to say, I'm impressed with its ability to back into any spot I attempted. Centered perfectly every time even if it's a bit slow, although much faster than the old ultra-sonic sensor Autopark. Some obersevations:
- backed into a single spot right next to a trailer, which initially had me nervous due to protruding wheel wells
- stopped mid-park to wait for a person who had walked behind my car to use their trunk. Once they left, it finished backing in.
- works very well whether or not there are vehicles next to the spot you are trying to park in.
- while driving through a parking lot, all empty spots are highlighted on the screen. You just click one, stop the car, and hit the "start" button. The car will then back into the spot and will do a three point maneuver if you started off in a poor location for a single shot back-in.

Have you tested it on parallel parking? If Tesla can get that right, I will be a very happy MYP driver. Not only avoiding obstacles to the front and rear, but identifying where the kerb is and not hitting it with the Uberturbines. The uprgade to park assist has made a huge difference and I think the visual can just about be trusted. Unlike the 'random wavy coloured line' that went before it, which was shockingly bad.

We assume this is for 2023 vehicle with no USS sensors. Does it show any distance measurement for park assist. Also, did the visualization have anything extra (besides parking spaces) compared to what was available to vehicles without USS sensors. Thanks.
I got the update too. There are no distance measurements, just the already existing high fidelity park assist which just changes the color to red if you get too close. And the visualization has nothing new other than showing a bunch of parking spots to choose from, and showing the parking spot it is currently autoparking into.

Reactions: SandyP
Have you tested it on parallel parking? If Tesla can get that right, I will be a very happy MYP driver. Not only avoiding obstacles to the front and rear, but identifying where the kerb is and not hitting it with the Uberturbines. The uprgade to park assist has made a huge difference and I think the visual can just about be trusted. Unlike the 'random wavy coloured line' that went before it, which was shockingly bad.
I live in the suburbs so not much parallel parking here, but it was able to recognize a spot behind and in front of a car parked on the side of a road in a neighborhood, and it parked in both spots very well. Someone in a city will need to give it a real parallel parking test though.

Reactions: VT_EE

One thing I want to add is that it doesn't work at all for angled parking spots, even the ones on the left side that would be easy to back into. Also they did not add back in the "hidden" autopark that allowed you to get out of your car and have it go into the garage for you. Hopefully this will be part of the summon update.

I have not. There aren't many opportunities for parallel parking where I live. I agree the visual has gotten much better. I don't really miss the USS anymore.

I got the update too. There are no distance measurements, just the already existing high fidelity park assist which just changes the color to red if you get too close. And the visualization has nothing new other than showing a bunch of parking spots to choose from, and showing the parking spot it is currently autoparking into.
Following is reported for new visualization. Is it correct?
"It brings some of the FSD details to non-FSD regular visualization:
More vehicles displayed Brake lights for surrounding vehicles"

Interesting, I was too focused on autopark I didn't look for anything like that. I'll have to see the next time I'm driving.

Here's a good video I found. It looks like it does really well, just a bit slow like the perpendicular parking.

Tested it again today and ya I noticed it showing more cars on the visualization than before and cars in other lanes show when their brake lights are on. Hard to notice unless you're looking for these, so not too major of an update in my opinion.