Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vision-only Auto Park is finally here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My early experience with auto-park (EAP, no USS) has been quite positive.

It won’t parallel park along an empty curb, but it will parallel park in the spaces it finds near other parked cars - you probably don’t need much help pulling up to an empty curb.

Thus far I’ve only seen it back in to right-angle parking lot spaces. Haven’t figured out if there’s a way to have it park the other way with the trunk exposed for easy loading yet.

Reactions: gommb
Can the system Auto Park if the cars are parked slanted and not at 90 degrees to the aisle? Since I assume that my car would have to drive past the parking spot just to see it and you are now really 2 car widths from where the parking place is I'm not sure if Tesla would bother trying to get slanted parking working. Most of the parking lots near me use this 60 some degree slanted painted parking stalls.

Can the system Auto Park if the cars are parked slanted and not at 90 degrees to the aisle? Since I assume that my car would have to drive past the parking spot just to see it and you are now really 2 car widths from where the parking place is I'm not sure if Tesla would bother trying to get slanted parking working. Most of the parking lots near me use this 60 some degree slanted painted parking stalls.
nope it unfortunately doesn't work on angled parking spots. only 90 degree and parallel.

Reactions: E Thompson
nope it unfortunately doesn't work on angled parking spots. only 90 degree and parallel.
I was afraid of that. How about features like Summon? I bought the AutoPark level just a little over 1 year ago now because I looked at YouTube and saw it had auto park and summon. And spent an hour or two searching YouTube and Tesla online sites like this one trying to figure out why I couldn't get any form of self park to work. And that's when I finally paid attention to the difference between the old ultrasonic sensor cars and the new vision only models.

Going to look through forums about Autopilot and hopefully nothing has been messed up there.I drove back home from Kansas City 2 weeks ago and thought the lane control and speed worked fine. Not a lot of traffic but it was long enough that I could tell if it made a long drive easier. It did make a difference to me.

I was afraid of that. How about features like Summon? I bought the AutoPark level just a little over 1 year ago now because I looked at YouTube and saw it had auto park and summon. And spent an hour or two searching YouTube and Tesla online sites like this one trying to figure out why I couldn't get any form of self park to work. And that's when I finally paid attention to the difference between the old ultrasonic sensor cars and the new vision only models.

Going to look through forums about Autopilot and hopefully nothing has been messed up there.I drove back home from Kansas City 2 weeks ago and thought the lane control and speed worked fine. Not a lot of traffic but it was long enough that I could tell if it made a long drive easier. It did make a difference to me.
Summon has not yet been added. Musk has mentioned it's coming "soon" though, whatever that means.

I downloaded 2023.44.30.25 a few days ago, which gave me FSD v12.3 - my first experience with any iteration of FSD v 12. To my mild surprise, while parallel parking last night the "Autopark" button lit up for the first time in many months.

It was an unimpressive first outing, and far worse than the old versions. Backing into the space was a herky-jerky affair, with right fender coming far too close to the car parked ahead. And then it stopped a good 4 feet from the curb. Maybe this was an unlucky, one-time hiccup, but this really shouldn't be so hard. We waited all these months for this?

For the folks who have versions updated beyond FSD v12.3, does this get better?

Um. Did two autoparks today after downloading 12.3.2.1. Both put me neatly into the parallel parking spots in two different parking lots; one next to a car, one with spaces either way. Didn't get close to the car; fore and aft were fine; and side to side was centered.

I had been doing autopark with a 2018 M3 with FSD and, a bit later, with the SO's 2021 MY. Both of those had/has the USS. But this 2023 M3 LR AWD did its parking at least as fast as the older autopark and was smooth.

Haven't tried parking on the street but will give that a stab tomorrow.

You need to get 12.3.2.1, because the auto parking is the "new" version. Today I used it to park by backing in between a car and a parking line. It did the maneuver in 1 smooth motion, temporarily pausing to allow some pedestrians to pass.

I had just downloaded 12.3.2.1 today after having 12.3 for about a week.