Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon almost rammed a park car, are safeguards disabled during sommoning, or would it have stopped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up a model S plaid and have full autopilot if that's applicable to this post. I had parked in a spot backed in, and requested my car pick me up outfront. It was a simple manuever... or so I thought. The green line in the picture is where I assumed it would go, with the star being the place I pointed it to, and the red line is where it actually did go. For some reason it veered to the right and came about 6" from hitting a parked truck. I stopped it just in time. There were no vehicles moving in the parking lot, and no pedestrians.

The only thing I could think of was that it saw me walking across the horseshoe and turned to avoid? But I was like 30 ft away walking toward the car when this happened as shown in the picture.

My MAIN question is, would the car have stopped had I not let go of the summon button? Or would it just have rammed this truck? A bit concerning to me, though I obviously understand I'm ultimately responsible and it is a BETA, and take responsibility.

What are your thoughts?

1695752583295.png