Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch because of fires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go to the NWS site for your area you will see a Red Flag warning is in affect until 9am August 20th.

temp.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I saw the red flag warning well before Storm Watch kicked in
It can sometimes take an hour or more to engage.

BTW did you actually click into the small map on the NWS Sacramento site to get to the page with the image I posted above? The map is really useless in many cases because it only shows one state (your location could be involved in many) and the actual granularity of the location can be different by one mile.

So you really need to click into the small map and see the details. And then scroll that page until you see the map with a green diamond that shows where you clicked. You may have to experiment a bit to find out where on the main page map to click to get your exact location on the detail page map. It would be a lot better if you could zoom the main page map.

EDIT: I just discovered that the second page map allows zooming, scrolling and resetting the location. So just get fairly close on the main page map and then scroll down to the second page map and zoom right into your location and click to move the green diamond and forecast/state report.

the red flag warning was there yesterday morning, perhaps even the day before. Storm watch activated about 10pm last night
I also notice slightly odd behavior. When on Storm Watch or Backup only, PW SOC only goes to 99%. Storm watch deactivated an hour or so ago and now it charged to 100%