Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

StormWatch on again in NorCal - 10/13 12:00PM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
StormWatch is active again and my PWs charged from the grid.

Not quite sure why it is on in our area, since here in the East Bay we are only in the Advisory area on the map.

Is it one in Socal and elsewhere?

red-flag-10-13.png

I found mine on today too and earlier I went to the PG&E PSPS website and they only showed some tiny areas that it was planned for pretty far from me too.

I turned it off and might turn it back on again if the wind picks up on Wed PM/Thursday AM.

I found mine on today too and earlier I went to the PG&E PSPS website and they only showed some tiny areas that it was planned for pretty far from me too.

I turned it off and might turn it back on again if the wind picks up on Wed PM/Thursday AM.

I am planning on doing something similar. It is nice to have the option of charging the PW from the grid.

Ours came on also this afternoon. I went to the PGE website to check the outage watch map and found no areas in our county under watch. Mostly in Napa and Sonoma in the mountain areas and where the recent fires were.
You can also enter your address. pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/updates/

I'm a new Tesla Energy customer (solar roof and 2x PW) and wonder if there is any way to suggest changes to the app. Not sure if others would find this useful, but I would like an option to set a separate reserve percentage with StormWatch. I'd want to set mine to be something higher than the regular Reserve, but still allow me to use some of the PW capacity, even with an approaching storm.

Another thing I wish the app had is a record of the current state of charge of the PW. I don't need a whole bunch of data, but I think it would be useful to see the percentage charge over time.

Reactions: getakey