Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange LTE behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've got a 2023 MYLR, are running two profiles (one for my wife and the other for myself).
All seems to be connected correctly in the profile and to my phone (e.g - when I enter the car driver's side it will switch to my profile, etc)
However, once in the car (the LTE seems to not work), I have to hold down both buttons on the steering wheel (to do soft-reset of the infotaintment system) and then it works!
The car still drives obviously but spotify, traffic alerts, etc none of it works (but the LTE is showing connected and with a signal), it's only when I reset the system the LTE starts to work again. Has anyone else experienced this with the latest software update?

Tx.

You are saying that every time the car goes to sleep and then re enter it you need to reset the infotainment system to be able to use the enhanced connectivity options?
If this is the case I would open a service request with Tesla, it is not normal.

Does it happen with your wife's profile or just yours?

You are saying that every time the car goes to sleep and then re enter it you need to reset the infotainment system to be able to use the enhanced connectivity options?
If this is the case I would open a service request with Tesla, it is not normal.

Does it happen with your wife's profile or just yours?
Just mine, which is odd!
But I literally have to restart the system each time.. otherwise I just get the spinning wheel of death and saying “loading medial with my Spotify but nothing works.. strange! How do I raise a service ticket?

Just mine, which is odd!
But I literally have to restart the system each time.. otherwise I just get the spinning wheel of death and saying “loading medial with my Spotify but nothing works.. strange! How do I raise a service ticket?
And yes.. let’s say my wife has driven the car with her phone, profile etc.. then finishes, locks the car etc as normal.
I then walk up to drive it a few hours later and it shows my profile all good but can’t play any tunes or any internet connectivity isn’t working until I do the soft restart.

IMG_3038.jpeg

I can start a new thread if needed. Just wanted to chime in here. I haven’t had LTE for close to a week. Many scroll wheel resets and even an update from 2024.20.1 to 2024.20.3 after the issue first popped up. I have an open service ticket but no response yet.
I did see something in Service Mode - Network Registration: Denied

I saw this issue before the outage across the different cell providers popped up a few days ago. A few people have AT&T here and didn’t say they had issues.
The whole situation is causing the car to have no service, Edge, or possibly 3G. None have been very reliable for Apple Music streaming of course.

Is anyone else seeing this or heard of a remedy? Thank you!

Last edited: