Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange noise yesterday...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I drove a couple miles to pick up Chinese takeout. Keep in mind that it is August in Virginia, so it was about 95F outside. The battery fan was whirring like an F18 ready to take off from an aircraft carrier. By the time I got there, the fan noise had abated. I ran inside and picked up my Egg Foo and got back onto the boulevard.

As soon as I pulled onto the highway, I heard this whooshing sound when I hit the accelerator. I am finding it hard to describe the noise, but when pressing the pedal, it made a fan-type noise, but not the jet-taking-off sound the battery fan makes. I could pump the pedal and the sound followed. I got to a clear stretch where no one was running in the opposite direction and I opened my window. I pressed the pedal and I could hear the noise coming in from outside. By the time I got about 1.5 miles down the road, the noise was gone. I will report back if I hear this again, since it only happened last night.

Has anyone else experienced a similar sound? Maybe it was something that Tesla is experimenting with coming from the outside speaker? Maybe I am going nuts?

Curious.

The pedestrian thing seems entirely plausible. You've posted in this thread before so I know you're aware of it:

You sure the sound you heard wasnt some kind of 'white noise' that occasionally emanates from Model X's interior sound system (even when it shouldn't)?