Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stream Labs - Water meter without plumbing..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Anyone own one of these?

I got a sense to measure how much power I use, and since I'm on a well, I have no idea how much water is used.
Contemplating a whole house RO system due to horrid water TDS.
Step one of that setup would be a general idea of water consumption.
So, to that end, this gizmo would give me daily/monthly water use reports.
I'd run it at least a year, as we've lived 11 years without a whole house RO system, and the glass door shower is shot, along with we can't wash cars here (I built my own RO car wash for that now).

So... whole house? or waste of money and just put in a RO for the fridge? (only place we drink water from).

I could find the pipe that leads to the fridge, and setup a RO in the basement easy enough.

I thought it was neat gizmo because I figured I'd have to plumb in a water meter. this thing works (checks notes) by radar? or something. anyway, seems cool enough to fit my data nerd needs, but also need to budget for a mini split this spring.

I wonder if I could put a meter on the water heater line as well, then you'd know total water and heated water consumed... just had a data nerdgasm moment right there. You'd use water IN, as then it's not hot, and you can probably assume a 1:1 for water in/out of a water heater.