Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Struggling to get YouTube to work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out and about again and went to use YouTube and its seems out. Will just get no connection. Netflix works fine, twitch does as well. Tried full reset, half reset, holding finger on app icon to reset it. As a techie its as if there is service denied for this one. Anyone with some new tricks before service get a call? Been like this for about 2 weeks I think. WiFi it works on.

I checked mine the other day and I was on 3G low signal and it wouldn’t connect, then when the LTE came on, it connected fine.

Fred

The signal last week was good and could stream netflix good while I was waiting in the carpark just not YT. I have a new trick this morning, connected via wireless and it worked. Then turned wireless off and it worked, I am not sure if the apps are separately update-able by the respected services??? and wifi triggered it. Now bearing in mind nothing scientific about this method because when I got into the car yesterday the screen would not come on so I had to hard reset " buttons and break pedal" so it could have just been that bounce yesterday but as of this morning YT is back.

does it have anything to do with the weird problems of you being in the UK and all of the weird VPN restrictions, and Tesla being an American company? i know it's a weird correlation, but a couple threads have popped up where people's locations (IP) have caused unexpected behavior with some of these apps (blocked videos, can't browse, etc).

all of this is anecdotal based on the few threads that I have seen, but it does seem a little curious. Tesla has "their own" network, using major wireless providers. if they have a weird tunnel/VPN, etc., setup, it might be causing a lot of these issues.