Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2021.35.102

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I’ve noticed the Tesla App isn’t updating automatically for me in the Apple App Store. I have to manually search for it and update the app if it’s available. Anyone else experiencing this?

Usually the Apple App Store updates work nicely. A few times I've read about an update and the App Store is not offering it to me. My solution is to search for the app (within the App Store app). When the search finds the app there is almost always an update option there, so I choose it.

I don't know why this extra step is sometimes required. I suppose the update would have eventually showed up in the normal way.

So I was able to get some information from Tesla Service. They stated that the first update has to come from the factory (not sure why but ok) and that it can take up to 3 months to get the first update. They also stated that if I hadn’t gotten an update by the end of January to make another service ticket and they would be able to help then. Hope this information helps.

I picked up my second Tesla on Nov 2 and I'm stuck on 2021.35.102 and its a Red LR Model Y. I have another White LR Model Y and it began receiving its first update within 7 days of taking delivery in March 2021. I opened a service request with Tesla through the app this week about my November delivery and I received a canned answer that there's nothing to be concerned and I'll get the update soon. They said not to compare my updates with family and or friends. I told them I would write back in January when it's been over 2 months since I took delivery. It's really easy for folks to role your eyes at us, because you've been through this before, but we haven't. I didn't have to wait this long with my first Tesla earlier this year, so it makes no sense why it's happening like this for all of us. Meanwhile, the Holiday 2021 update drops tomorrow according to Elon via Twitter.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm stuck on software version 2021.35.102. I picked it up on 11 November 2021. No updates received to date. Car always says she has the latest version regardless how many times I seem to check it. It's a White on White LR Model Y parked in garage and connected to good wi-fi in GA.. Hope to see my first update one day. As for now.... patiently waiting.

Is this wait specific to the Model 3?.... I bought a Model 3 in Oct and it arrived Nov 15th. Haven't gotten a single update since then.

I also ordered a Model S on Nov 12th and it arrived Dec 15th. I have since gotten 2 updates installed on the Model S with nothing coming to my Model 3.