Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid questions from a newbie!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
set the range from distance to energy and just enjoy the car.

Really great advice, you won't look back. It will certainly help with any so called range anxiety.

Don't worry, I've done over 37k in mine in just over a year, but I'd say 30k was in the first 4 months before Covid hit otherwise it'd realistically be on 100k by now, also to put your mind at ease even more I only had the granny charger during that period! You will feel range anxiety to start with our will quickly learn it's a nonissue and love the car :)

Wow serious miles! How are you racking up so much!

Another good tip, program the sat nav even if you don't need the directions. That way the car will continuously review your arrival %, advise if you should slow down a little and/or route you to a supercharger

Really great advice, you won't look back. It will certainly help with any so called range anxiety.

Wow serious miles! How are you racking up so much!

Another good tip, program the sat nav even if you don't need the directions. That way the car will continuously review your arrival %, advise if you should slow down a little and/or route you to a supercharger
I do chauffeuring but obviously that's pretty much nonexistent at the moment! Still love every second I spend in it :)

Reactions: Godsense

Good point. It's reassuring for people to see a graph that shows they really won't run out before reaching their destination! Access the energy graph from the choices at the bottom of the screen and choose "Trip". If you don't set a destination you can still get a graph of remaining range but it will be constantly changing up and down depending on gradients and road conditions so though it's meaningful it's not as immediately reassuring for the uninitiated. (Mind you it's more meaningful that a simple "range" number on it's own which carries no explanatory info.)