Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sub-Woofer Kit with Amp

Triumphz28

Jan 26, 2016
Earth
I'm in the same boat. How do you like their door speakers? Looks easy to pop in....

Standard Audio Amp or UHS amp?

Would love to hear your system if you are ever in the South Bay area

bnsfengineer

Aug 25, 2017
So.Ca.
Just Standard system and the Tesla door speakers are literally a joke. They weigh almost nothing compared to the upgraded speakers. My sister in law lives in Redondo so if I'm down there soon I will send you a PM.

bnsfengineer

Aug 25, 2017
So.Ca.
Also forgot to post if anyone purchases the sub I would include the standard speakers so if you wanted to purchase regular upgraded speakers you can cut the old ones out of the mount and remount the new ones. That is the issue if you buy regular door speakers as they will not just be plug and play unless you make a new mount for them.

TD85

Jan 21, 2018
Los Angeles
Do the door speakers come with a sound processor? What is included with the amp/sub kit you are selling? I am in the San Gabriel Valley. Potentially interested

bnsfengineer

Aug 25, 2017
So.Ca.
Do the door speakers come with a sound processor? What is included with the amp/sub kit you are selling? I am in the San Gabriel Valley. Potentially interested
What I'm selling is only the Sub kit which you can see on there site... Sub Amp and Controller.

TD85

Jan 21, 2018
Los Angeles
I get that. Im asking in the event I purchase the sub kit i would end up getting the door speakers directly from them. Just trying to get an idea of what is involved with a complete install.

beezel

Nov 29, 2016
Portland
How are they getting inputs to that? Typically something like an LC2i is used to tap into the factory outputs. This shows nothing of that, which is probably the 'hardest' part of the install and also isn't free. I'd be interested if that was included with all the wiring etc, but if not then it's not exactly a deal.

bnsfengineer

Aug 25, 2017
So.Ca.
How are they getting inputs to that? Typically something like an LC2i is used to tap into the factory outputs. This shows nothing of that, which is probably the 'hardest' part of the install and also isn't free. I'd be interested if that was included with all the wiring etc, but if not then it's not exactly a deal.
Yes it comes with the LC2I

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC