Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Subwoofer Boost Kit - doesn't fit 2023 - but still sounds great

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read about this upgrade (great reviews!) and called NVX to confirm it fits the 2023 MYLR. They said yes and were about to update their website to include 2023. Sweet!

Well, not really. I should have known there was no way they were the same since bins for these storage areas had to be updated for 2023.

In summary:

Cons:
  • The package arrived damaged, and the grill was bent in (like others have described)
  • There were no instructions, wiring diagrams, links to anything or any other instructions in the package - with digging around the web, I found wiring diagrams/videos
  • You basically get shipped a standard sub install kit, the sub, amp, and LOC - you could certainly build your own setup pretty easily
  • The install was pretty intense and did take the 4-5 hours most describe (I've installed multiple car stereos/amps/subs/radios)
  • You have to tune everything in the LOC and amp to your liking, which is fine, but instructions are, again, lacking
  • The sub box does not fit into the well - it's too big, sticks out and blocks the floor panel covering the trunk storage
  • WIth this, there's no way to secure the box
  • Customer service via email wasn't so hot (didn't seem to be reading the messages) and calling required 20 min hold times for each team (customer service, sales)
  • Ultimately, I learned there isn't a 2023-specific subwoofer box
Pros:
  • Once tuned, the sound is incredible - it's exactly what the factory stereo needed!!
  • Customer service was willing to provide an RMA for the whole kit (unfortunately, the kit was installed, so returning as a whole is not possible)
So, am I keeping the setup? Yes since uninstalling is not practical.

Would I do it again? No. I'd wait for 2023-specific box (with NVX or someone else) or do one of the other factory upgrades out there.

I'm waiting for the Light Harmonic mids to ship and will install those next.....

IMG_1954.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1947.jpeg
    IMG_1947.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_1954.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
Did they respond? I just ordered the sub and I am taking delivery of a 23 MYP. Thanks for the info!
Nope. Good luck. You might be getting a damaged box and / or used speakers. Be prepared. Apparently they don’t care about quality control.

If you’re want to get something quality / plug&play and oem+ grab the HepaKing system. Just installed it and it’s pretty awesome. My review is here. Woulda gone this route first if I knew how shitty customer service and shipment of the Nvx system would be

Nope. Good luck. You might be getting a damaged box and / or used speakers. Be prepared. Apparently they don’t care about quality control.

If you’re want to get something quality / plug&play and oem+ grab the HepaKing system. Just installed it and it’s pretty awesome. My review is here. Woulda gone this route first if I knew how shitty customer service and shipment of the Nvx system would be

Thx for the response. I have the kit for the Model 3 so I’m familiar with the procedure and I do recall the grill being bent on that one. (Other than that, it was fine)

For the OP - do you have a 5-seater or 7? I believe the storage compartments are different sizes between the two. I’m guessing they only made it for 5.

Reactions: C-Bus Y