Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer box in Sub-Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It ain't pretty, but it doesn't need to be. I wanted to share my subwoofer box build in case anybody is considering doing the same. I needed a 1.75 cuft box for my 10" sub and just BARELY got it in there. I think this is the biggest you could go with square corners, but you need to remove the liner to do so. For me, I use a full coverage trunk mat so the lack of carpet doesn't show. The sub-trunk floor is angled slightly, so if you took advantage of that and angled the walls of the box slightly to fit the sub-trunk more precisely you could get a bit more volume. Thankfully I did not need to go bigger because those angle calculations make my brain hurt. 27 1/8 X 16 X 9 5/8 freedom units gives you 1.75 internal cuft with 3/4" material. If you use 1/2" material you can get nearly 2 cubic feet internal volume. I DID have to modify the plastic pieces to on the sides to get them to sit flush, but it won't affect the way the cover sits. You can avoid this by going about an inch shallower or narrower. Here is my final result. Sub is not centered so if I choose I can keep my trunk contents on one side. Sounds fantastic, way more bass than I need. Amp is 825w RMS and 1000w peak at 2 ohms. Hasn't caused me any grief with the electrical system, but I doubt I'm pushing it to those levels. In this location you get a dip about 65hz due to the length of the cabin.

1717173463661.png