Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Subwoofer in 22 M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking around for information on and off for about a year now regarding adding an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier to my car. Anyone have any experience and want to share their setup or issues?

For some other info, I have a 2022 Model 3 P with the factory subwoofer in the trunk. My car has the AMD system with the 15V Li-ion low-voltage setup which is why I’ve been seeing conflicting information.
I’d like to avoid the second battery route, so my options are somewhat limited.
Based on what others have said on here, Reddit, etc., I think my options are as follows:
  • 300-500W sub
  • Use a LOC to covert the signal from the factory amp. This would also allow me to use the audio signal as my remote (like on the LC2i Pro) for the amp.
  • Use a 300-500W amp (depending on sub) that gets its power from the backseat penthouse.
With that, here are my questions:
  • Should I stay safe with the 300W sub/amp or can I go with a more powerful 500W option?
  • What adapters would make it easy for me to get the high-level signal from the factory amp so I can feed it into my LOC?
  • Would the higher voltage (14 to ~15.6) from the penthouse be too high for an amplifier?
I’ve seen conflicting information about pretty much all of this. Additionally, kits like NVX have you take a very similar route (just with their equipment).

Any help would be great. I can also link some of what I’ve read if needed.

Does anyone know if this Rockville RVS12A 12" 1400w Slim Vented Powered Car Subwoofer Enclosure + Amp Kit

will get burned if i connect it to the 16v 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD battery? it says it can handle 12v but i see others saying running low wattage systems dont have issues on voltage. Also i will have it tapped from the door speaker so the amp will go on only when it senses audio.

Does someone have any info?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if this Rockville RVS12A 12" 1400w Slim Vented Powered Car Subwoofer Enclosure + Amp Kit

will get burned if i connect it to the 16v 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD battery? it says it can handle 12v but i see others saying running low wattage systems dont have issues on voltage. Also i will have it tapped from the door speaker so the amp will go on only when it senses audio.

Does someone have any info?
I'm not sure about Rockville amp. I recommend u call them. I would tap the subwoofer and not the door speakers

Upvote 0
No just tapped in.
Got some stuff ordered and trying to finalize a plan for the install. Do you have any diagrams describing your setup? If not any guidance with what I’m thinking so far:
  • Use the constant “12V” power and ground from the OEM subwoofer to power the LC2i Pro. Pinout diagram from a harness.
  • Use the OEM subwoofer voice coil wires to provide a high voltage input for the LC2i Pro. Should I use both VCs or just 1?
  • Use the Auto Turn on (audio) mode from the LC2i Pro to provide a remote wire to the amp.
  • Wire the amp up to the penthouse for power and ground it somewhere in the trunk.
I’m only using a JD250/1 so don’t expect it to pull much power. Am I missing anything?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweed269
Upvote 0