Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subzero package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you pre-condtion your car you will be ok, BUT my kids love heated seats when we go skiing especially when I forget to pre-condition.

Windshield wiper blades will always freeze up, and pre-conditioning is pretty much essential if you plan a long drive on a snowy day. After 140 miles you will need to recharge anyway, and you will almost always need to crack the ice off the wiper blades.

The rear spoiler is a pain in the ass and I wish I could delete it in the Winter. It prevents snow and ice from falling off the rear window, despite the slope of the rear window. I am seriously considering pulling the plug and installing a rear window third brake light in it's place for Winter driving. (I have the retractable style spoiler). Pre-heating at least allows the snow to melt off and be pushed off when parked.

I have found the heated wipers and nozzles very effective. However I have read some folks found them not effective. A mobile tech advised there were some assembly issues on some MX with Subzero and they were not working properly.

Tech used an amp meter to measure the load on the nozzles and wipers to confirm mine was working right. Heated steering, seats front and back, and the windshield elements make it a must for northeast, or northern areas.

2017 so I don’t think it already has it

UOTE="OlderThanDirt, post: 4652312, member: 34753"]Hmmm, You didn’t say when that Model X was built. Is it possible that it already has it?

I’m sure someone here remembers when the Sub-Zero package became cold weather features and where then considered standard equipment??[/QUOTE]