Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggest good place to PPF & tint in Dallas Fort Worth area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please suggest a good place to do PPF and Tint for Model Y and Model 3 in Dallas Fort Worth area.
Can you please share how much it costed you or best price for PPF only front body(Bumper, Hood, Front fender, mirror caps, headlights) and also for full body.
and also best price to pay for ceramic tint for windshield, all windows and rear glass.

Can you please suggest a good place to do PPF and Tint for Model Y and Model 3 in Dallas Fort Worth area.
Can you please share how much it costed you or best price for PPF only front body(Bumper, Hood, Front fender, mirror caps, headlights) and also for full body.
and also best price to pay for ceramic tint for windshield, all windows and rear glass.
Did you get this done? If so can you please share details as I am also planning to get it done after delivery.

Upvote 0
Only bumper. I don't see a reason for doing a full front.
It's much more important to not forget put PPF on the rear doors/fenders. Even more important than bumper.
But I did it by myself ordering tesla PPF kit: Model Y Paint Protection Film (tesla.com)
Very easy to install.
Oh were you able to do it without bubbles or issues? Also do we need two kits for all four doors?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What about front doors then?
not needed. they don't get damage from the rock chips. Only rear doors, because that area of the car body is wider and heavily sanded with dirt, rock chips from the front wheels. After just one road trip to Colorado, I feel like a PPF on the doors is not smooth anymore and have a lot of "bites" from the dirt.

Upvote 0
Xquisite Detail, Keller 469-669-0378. Ask for Chase. They did my window tint, ceramic coating. Flawless work. Shop is always crowded with high-end autos.

Scott Solar Auto Spa, Arlington, TX 682 990 3144. Scott's has done 100s of Teslas, gets great reviews. You get what you pay for.

Upvote 0
I have white. My car was new so I didn't need any paint correction.
That makes sense; standard prep practice for the full front PPF package (front bumper, full hood, fenders, and mirror covers) would be to wash, clay bar, and alcohol bathe the paint to decontaminate before the PPF gets put on.
The multistep and paint correction process is for the ceramic coating package for all paint, including the full front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0