Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested Price on 2008 Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Tesla mention reaching out to Shift? They are an auto selling service that was starting to work with Tesla last year. I sold my roadster and another vehicle with them and thought they did a reasonable job while taking care of a lot of the details and associated hassle. Might consider looking them up. I haven't kept up with their status since mine sold, but if they are the same or more progressed from when I used them, I'd feel comfortable recommending them for someone that doesn't want to do it all themselves.

Good luck whatever route you choose.

I work for Shift and drive a Roadster. Ask for at least $60k. We sold a 1.5 with 50k miles on it for $50k (pre tax) and it moved in less than 24 hours....

It will be interesting to see what this one sells for. Reserve is met and it's $41,500.00 after three bids with one hour left:

Tesla: Roadster Base Convertible 2-Door!
Winning bid: US $41,500.00

Incredible price for a 1.5 with just 31K miles on it. I would have thought someone would pay at least $55K for it.

I really like the wheels on that car.

Winning bid: US $41,500.00

Incredible price for a 1.5 with just 31K miles on it. I would have thought someone would pay at least $55K for it.

I really like the wheels on that car.
Some negatives: Low state of charge, maintenance service required, strange switch next to the lights, and only the 110v charger. There may be some risk there.

But the hard top, stereo, and wheels are some nice upgrades.

There was a thread talking about this car and who owned it before, you can see the custom fog light inserts which that mystery switch toggles on/off. Plus all the carbon fiber wrapped extras such as the door panels, lower console tray, the dash with the suede leather look.

For being a professional motorsports dealer / reseller they sure don't know how to market cars. Showing a battery in the red (scares people away), dirty fingerprints and dust marks on the interior shots, and not very pretty shots of the car didn't help at all.

My guess is that the combination of the poor marketing skills of the seller combined with the custom work scared people away. As these cars get older I'm sure more people will gravitate towards the car being close to stock both inside and out other than the shocks, brakes, rotors and upgrades like that.