Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion for new orders - surprise family members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m keeping my purchase a secret from my grown daughters. I tend to keep cars forever, and the cars are boring, practical cars (1986 Camry, 1996 Avalon, and 2008 Candy hybrid), so a Tesla is one of the last car in the world they’d expect me to drive nor have I ever indicated any desire to replace my hybrid (I feel bad getting rid of it as it has at least five more good years left on it).
I should be getting (not begetting, although the way some potential owners are posting that might seem appropriate 😁 ) my new car this week and will be driving into Manhattan to pick them up next weekend. The first time they will be aware of the car is when they see it. I’m planning on videotaping their reaction.
Should be a fun prank to pull on them.

Who knows, if their reaction is priceless, I’ll offer to sell the video as an NFT to Tesla

I tried surprise on my wife, didn't work too well. Owned mostly non-fussy cars i.e. Camry, picking up M3 this week, didn't tell her for very long time, just recently told her, she is little upset and unexcited - she wants "normal" car, I am hoping the more she drives around in this the more she will develop love for it. lol!

• Funny
Reactions: Jejunjm and haroldo