Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mirrors are en route! They will arrive in US by Friday the16th and be mailed out to you. Expect to receive a USPS tracking number by this Saturday, and you will receive your mirrors in the beginning of the following week.

Excellent, really looking forward to these. I park in an urban 16 car shared garage where the maneuvering tolerances are too tight for the sensors to be useful (they go alert crazy), these mirrors are going to be very helpful!

• Love
Reactions: SumaPerformance
So quick question: how did @SumaPerformance get the OEM defroster wiring to reach the connectors on the Suma mirrors? They appear to be on the opposite side when compared with the OEM versions.

IMG_F5C7D3865366-1.jpeg

There is not enough slack to connect the wires across the housing.

IMG_D61E09650CBC-1.jpeg

I ended up taping off the wiring for now, but I would love to find out how to connect the defrosters properly.

Any tips?

The mirrors are held in with friction -- four clips around the perimeter of the circular piece on the rear of the glass.

I tilted the mirrors as inward as possible, to expose an edge to put my fingers behind.

Then I pulled towards the rear of the vehicle to release the mirror from the mount.

Installing the new mirror was as simple as aligning it within the house and pressing towards the front of the vehicle until the mirror "snapped" into place. For what it's worth it took a lot more force to remove the OEM mirror than installing the new mirror.

Good luck!

This is what you do...

Thanks for the tips @SumaPerformance

I’m afraid even by unscrewing the motor from the mount I still don’t have enough slack to run the defroster wires to the opposite side of the mirror housing.

Any other ideas?

Also, do you happen to know what month/year that your test vehicle was built?

C2CB14A2-1DA8-4586-87ED-530BA014AD96.jpeg
4E64EC4E-0FDE-48D1-92F9-CEC2011511BA.jpeg

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tips @SumaPerformance

I’m afraid even by unscrewing the motor from the mount I still don’t have enough slack to run the defroster wires to the opposite side of the mirror housing.

Any other ideas?

Also, do you happen to know what month/year that your test vehicle was built?

View attachment 444154
View attachment 444155

Thanks again!
We'll make the extension wires and mail them to you and others who already purchased the mirrors.

We are talking to our wire vendors now and will provide more details next week about when they will become available. We tested on Model S, thinking that the were the same name, our mistake. The new mirrors will come with the extension wires. Sorry for the inconvenience in the time being!