Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave unlocked at home doesn't seem to work with summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have "leave unlocked at home" set on my S and it works fine in my driveway. However, I summon my car into my 1 car garage and the car remains locked after the summon and shutting down. Am I missing a setting, anyone else experience this?

Summons overrides the keep unlocked at home option because when summons its enabled it folds the mirrors and locks the doors. You'd have to manually unlock the car after summon then it would remain unlocked. I use the unlocked at home option and it works fine. When I park my vehicle the car doesn't auto-lock when its at the home location of the GPS.

Reactions: Greg29
When the car is moving, the doors lock. Nothing unlocks them when it gets to your garage.
Makes sense and I appreciate the info. It would be nice if the car could remain unlocked while "at home" even during summon. I'm typically inside my house by the time the car stops in the garage and automatically closes my garage door. So the "remain unlocked at home" feature is not helpful in my circumstance.