Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

summons is great although i cant get Iphone 6 app to work with it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is HomeKit integration, which is somewhat different from third-party app integration. Siri works with HomeKit, HomeKit is an official Apple framework, and third parties can create HomeKit-enabled devices.

In theory, Tesla could make the Model S a HomeKit-enabled device and make it work that way, but you're limited to built-in device types and commands, so you'd have to call the car a "switch" or "garage door opener" or similar, and the commands would be "open" or "turn off." It would not be a good experience as it currently stands.
Yeah, you can't make up commands yet, but you could definitely say "set the Tesla to 70°" or something similar since you can name rooms/devices. I'm sure Tesla has no reason to pursue it and Apple wouldn't open it up more to them if they really are building a car.

Automatic, just like all your other iOS apps.

Thanks, after spending 30 minutes playing with Summon in the driveway last night (and hearing wtf comments from passing neighbors :smile:), I noticed the iPhone summon button which had previously not been there. Doubt I'll use it much, since my focus in the driveway is usually to avoid dropping the phone (and the lag issue). I do like Summon as car's space in the garage is a bit narrow at the moment.