Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun screen for diver/passenger windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found window screens for the two front windows that can be used while driving and don’t require a frame to mount? The only ones I’ve seen that are supposedly for the Y show how to install on the window frame, but the Y windows are frameless.

I have a Model 3, and I am using the QuikSnap sunshades - Custom Side Window sunshades (Set of 4)
- But the link now refers to a Ford model, not a Tesla Model.
- The QuikSnap Store still eists, but don't seem to have any Tesla compatible shades.

Those mesh shades are very nice, and I use them mostly when I am parked at a Supercharger, for sun protection and privacy.
However they are safe to use when driving, since the front ones don't block looking at the side rear view mirrors.

The only issue, because the door are frameless, is that they don't stay in place when you open the door.
So I use a long flat elastic strap that I install horizontally around each windoow and slide the shade
between the elastic and the glass window, to keep the shades in place against the window.

71twiFMJoYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Doing a quick Amazon.com search, I noticed the following shades which seems compatible with the Model Y,
but seems to be a little bit darker than the one I have. Maybe the one I have can be found on AliExpress.

BASENOR - 7PCS Tesla Model Y Sunshade Side Windows Rear Windshield Sun Shades Reflective Covers

YONZEE - 8PCS Sunshade Set for Tesla Model Y, Full Range Whole Vehicle Windows Sun Shade Kit

Upvote 0
Something like this should work. I used them on the back for the kid before I tinted it darker.

kinder Fluff Car Window Shade (4Pack)-The Only Certified Car Window Sun Shade for Baby Proven to Block 99.95% UVR - Mom's Choice Gold Award Winning -Car Window Shade for Baby- Car Seat Sun Protection https://a.co/d/1CRtizy

But I gotta ask, why? Tint would look a helluva lot better, won't block your vision as much, and again will look a helluva lot better than suction cups or static clings on a 50k car.

Upvote 0