Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshades in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3LR 2021 MiC....has a sunshade that I bought in 2022 from Tesla France...the codes on the invoice are
1135833-00-B
1135832-00-A
There are two pieces if you want the whole roof covered. I wouldn’t be without them...especially here in the South of France....or Australia

Just reporting back. I purchased the two roof sunshades from the Tesla Shop and can report that they fit perfectly on my 2021 3LR (as they did for cafz on his 2021 car) despite the "for 2017 to 2020 models" listed in the shop.
Question on these Tesla ones, do they droop in the middle and how effective are they given they don't have the reflector that others do? (perforated shade and reflector 2 piece design) bottom line are they worth twice as much as the others on eBay?

Question on these Tesla ones, do they droop in the middle and how effective are they given they don't have the reflector that others do? (perforated shade and reflector 2 piece design) bottom line are they worth twice as much as the others on eBay
I've only fitted them as a check (in the garage) so I cannot properly answer either question. I'm 6'1.5" and I do not recall my head fouling the rear one from the seat behind the driver. But it could droop in the centre according to other reviews. Then, I would not in any case sit in the centre except "in extremis"! Definitely no droop in the front one. As to efficacy, I'll find out in less than a week when I head into the NSW Tablelands and park in the open the whole time.

They do come with extra clips which could be fitted to keep the rear one fully stretched. Incidentally, losing the clips is probably very easy which might be why a few extra have been supplied.

Question on these Tesla ones, do they droop in the middle and how effective are they given they don't have the reflector that others do? (perforated shade and reflector 2 piece design) bottom line are they worth twice as much as the others on eBay?
I haven't noticed it drooping in the middle - the mesh is stretched pretty tightly across the frame.

It does keep the car noticeably cooler, but I'm sure a reflector one will work better in that regard. I find it's a nice balance between being able to see out a bit and reducing the heat load a little, though.

Last edited:
I just added a few extra clips and did some measurements.

1. Neither front nor rear screen droops.
2. Because of the curve of the roof, the mesh sits 35mm below the glass roof. Front and rear.

My head just clears the mesh in the back seats I'm 6'1" in old units. Much more space in the front.

So, if you are going to have tallish people ( > 6'1") in the back, their heads will touch the mesh unless they slouch a little.

But overall, I am happy to leave them in all summer and when I have tall family members as passengers I can usually juggle seating positions so there is no issue.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot