Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

super harsh ride going over speed bump, problem with suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are a few speed bumps in the neighbood, and I never pay too much attention to them driving my old civic.

However, with the X, They're becoming very apparent.
I now slows down to under 10mph, and it still feels very jarring.
I'm using comfort, with low suspension setting.

Especially if I go at the bump at an angle, it feels like the car bounces really hard to try get back to balance.
Changing to high suspension only marginally improved it, and it still felt very rough.

It feels weird to be that a car with air suspension would be this harsh.
With my old car, i sometime try to only get one wheel on the bump, to reduce the bumpy feeling. but with the X, it feels more bumpy if I do that, as I feel the car would try harder to rebalance itself with the large difference between the wheel on bump and the wheel not on bump.

Bump looks like Slow down speed hump rubber ridge for car on concrete street

I've seen very few people complaining about this, don't know if I should bring it up to the SC?

tire pressure is at 45 psi, and 20 tire. 23 MXLR

do you feel like you're getting a "normal" car feel going over bump when set to standard or high?
by normal, i'm literally comparing to a honda civic, not any german luxury brand

When in standard I hardly feel any bumps. Anything lower than standard I feel like I am riding in a lowered Honda Civic or riding in a Model 3 or Y LMAO