Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharge subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I got a used Tesla model x. It had free supercharge subscription. After I changed the ownership to my name It is not available. Tesla has information saying that if it is a private sale the subscription will be transferred. Any help will be appreciated

Owner transfer of free super charging sjould be issue.
I disagree. If the owner has transferred the car to the new buyer, there is nothing the previous owner can do to facilitate or block the free SC transfer. It all depends on the type of SC the car has, which is dependent on the age. It has to be a Tesla from the first few months of 2017 or earlier to have supercharging that will transfer to the new owner. Even then it might not have SC01 supercharging if it had ever been traded back to Tesla.

SC01 ended in Jan 2017 so if ur car is older it most def had SC05
Only way to keep SC05 is for seller to give up their Tesla account so the VIN never 'transfers'
Some sellers for sure mis-advertise SC05 to unsuspecting buyers to get more value for their car

Reactions: Bigriver
Just got this email from tesla
Buy a New Tesla, Keep Your Free Supercharging​
For a limited time, you can now transfer your free, unlimited Supercharging from your current vehicle to your new Model S, Model X or Model Y purchase or lease—no trade-in required. Order and take delivery of your new Tesla by the end of the year to be eligible.* Learn More
2023 Tesla, Inc.
wordmark
1 Tesla Road, Austin, TX 78725